Electrocomponents is a global multi-channel distributor. They offer more than 500,000 industrial and electronics products, sourced from over 2,500 leading suppliers, and provide a wide range of value-added services to over one million customers. With operations in 32 countries, they ship more than 50,000 parcels a day.
BACKGROUND AND KEY CHALLENGE
- Requirement for a new company wide qualification process for internal suppliers.
- Procurement wanted a way to consolidate, cleanse and synchronise a single version of the truth for vendor master data outside SAP.
- To be compliant and exercise due diligence to protect the confidentiality and availability of critical business data.
- The LeanLinking Compliance module that supports different user permission levels, and keeps track of all changes made to a supplier document. It also provides a complete audit trail of all document-driven collaboration and generates automated notifications when sharing information with the suppliers.
- API integration to Electrocomponents’ SAP system to ensure thatthe data is accessible to other programs in real-time.
- Supplier repository which makes it easy to qualify, onboard and manage vendors with just a few clicks.
IMPLEMENTATION & PROCESS
- LeanLinking trained and supported Electrocomponents’ super users.
- Super users trained normal users.
- 2000 suppliers registered on the solution.
- Procurement now has a significantly better understanding of supplier delivery quality that can be shared with suppliers.
- Continuous improvement projects has been initiated to mature the gathering-and quality of master data, through LeanLinking.
IMPACT & RESULTS
- Significant time savings in relations to collections of required information from suppliers
- An easy-to-use online database of supplier contact information used for supplier self-assessments and supplier qualification.
- An automated process for requesting and collecting business critical documentation from suppliers.
- One repository for all types of contracts to have a complete overview of what needs to be renewed and a compliance score on each document that highlights any potential risks.
Adrian Mole, Information Security Manager at Electrocomponents plc.